Updated on 01/02/2023
1. Parties and subject
BV VIS VAN A (hereinafter ‘VIS VAN A’ or the ‘Controller’)
Phone number: +32 (0)3 689 72 89
The term ‘User’ refers to any user, whether a natural or legal person, who visits the Site or communicates with the Site in any way.
In its capacity as controller, VIS VAN A determines all technical, legal and organisational means and the purposes for which Users’ personal data are processed. VIS VAN A undertakes to take all necessary measures to ensure that the processing of personal data is carried out in accordance with the Act of 30 July 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data (hereinafter the ‘Act’) and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (i.e. the General Data Protection Regulation or ‘GDPR’; hereinafter the ‘Regulation’).
VIS VAN A is free to choose a natural or legal person (hereinafter the ‘Processor’ or ‘Subcontractor’) to process Users’ personal data at its request and on its behalf. Where appropriate, VIS VAN A undertakes to select a Processor offering adequate guarantees with regard to the technical and organisational measures used for the processing of personal data, in accordance with the Act and the Regulation.
2. Processing of personal data
Use of the Site by Users may lead to the collection of personal data. The processing of these data by VIS VAN A in its capacity as Controller or by service-providers acting in the name and on behalf of VIS VAN A, will take place in accordance with the Act and the Regulation.
Personal data will be processed by VIS VAN A, in accordance with the purposes stated below, in the following situations:
- When sending out our newsletter and/or advertising leaflet
- In order to be able to call or email you if this is necessary for the provision of our services
- In order to inform you about changes to our services and products
- VIS VAN A analyses your behaviour on the website to improve the website and adapt the range of products and services to your preferences
- In connection with an application for a job at VIS VAN A, when we will collect the information you provide to us, such as identity details, CV and cover letter.
3. Purposes of processing of personal data
In accordance with Article 13 of the Regulation, the purposes for which processing of personal data occurs are communicated to Users. These purposes are as follows:
- To send out our newsletter and/or advertising leaflet, with ‘consent’ as the legal basis.
- To phone or email you if this is necessary in order to provide our services, with ‘consent’ as the legal basis.
- To offer you the opportunity to create an account, with ‘consent’ as the legal basis.
- To follow your surfing behaviour on various websites in order to adapt our products and services to your needs, with ‘consent’ as the legal basis.
4. Personal data that may be processed
The User agrees that, during his/her visits to and use of the Site, VIS VAN A may collect and process the following personal data:
- First name and surname
- Phone number
- Email address
- Other personal data that you actively provide, for example by creating a profile on this website, in correspondence or on the phone
- Data about surfing behaviour across different websites (for example because this company is part of an advertising network)
- Internet browser and device type
The User has the right to withdraw this consent at any time. Withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on earlier consent.
6. Retention period for Users’ personal data
In accordance with Article 13, paragraph 2 of the Regulation, the Controller will only keep the personal data for as long as is reasonably necessary to achieve the purposes for which they are processed.
This period is in all cases no longer than two years.
7. Recipients of data and disclosure to third parties
Personal data may be passed on to VIS VAN A’s employees, collaborators, subcontractors, processors or suppliers on condition that appropriate guarantees are provided for the security of the data and insofar as they are working with VIS VAN A to market products or provide services. They act under the direct authority of VIS VAN A and are in particular responsible for the collection, processing and outsourcing of these data.
In the event that the data are provided to third parties for direct marketing or prospecting purposes, the User will be informed in advance so that he/she can give prior and explicit consent to this use of personal data.
8. Users’ rights
Users may exercise their rights at any time by sending a message by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org, or a letter by post, accompanied by a copy of their identity card, to the following address: Rijnkaai 100, 2000 Antwerrp.
a. The right to access
In accordance with Article 15 of the Regulation, VIS VAN A guarantees Users’ right to access their personal data. Users have the right to access these personal data and the following information:
- the categories of personal data involved;
- the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed;
- if the recipients are established in third countries or are international organisations, the appropriate or relevant safeguards;
- if possible, the proposed storage period for personal data or, if this is not possible, the criteria used to determine this period;
- the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, as referred to in Article 22 (1) and (4) of the Regulation and, at least in such cases, relevant information about the underlying logic, as well as the importance and expected impact of such processing for the data subject.
The Controller may demand a reasonable fee based on administrative costs for additional copies requested by the User.
If the User submits this request electronically (e.g. via the email address), the data will be provided in electronic form and for general use, unless the User requests otherwise.
The copy of the data will be sent to the User no later than one month after receipt of the request.
b. The right to correction
VIS VAN A guarantees Users’ right to the correction and deletion of their personal data.
In accordance with Article 16 of the Regulation, incorrect, inaccurate or irrelevant data may be corrected or deleted at any time. The User will first make any necessary changes him-/herself from his/her user account, unless these cannot be made independently, in which case a request may be made to VIS VAN A.
In accordance with Article 19 of the Regulation, the Controller will notify any recipient to whom the personal data have been disclosed of any correction to the personal data, unless such correction proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. The Controller will provide the data subject with information about these recipients if the data subject so requests.
c. The right to erasure
Users have the right to have their personal data deleted as soon as possible in the cases referred to in Article 17 of the Regulation.
If the Controller has made the personal data public and is required to erase it pursuant to the previous paragraph, the Controller will take measures, including technical measures, which are reasonable given the available technologies and the costs of implementation, to inform other data controllers who have processed such personal data that the data subject has requested that the link with their personal data and any copy or reproduction thereof be deleted.
The two preceding paragraphs do not apply if the processing is necessary:
- for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information;
- to comply with a legal obligation to process data under European Union law or the law of the member state by which the controller is governed, or in the context of a task carried out in the general interest or in the exercise of public authority vested in the Controller;
- to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
In accordance with Article 19 of the Regulation, the Controller will notify any recipient to whom the personal data have been disclosed of any deletion of personal data or any restriction of their processing, unless such disclosure proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. The Controller will provide the data subject with information about these recipients if the data subject so requests.
d. The right to restrict processing
Users have the right to restrict the processing of their personal data in the cases referred to in Article 18 of the Regulation.
In accordance with Article 19 of the Regulation, the Controller will notify any recipient to whom the personal data have been disclosed of any restriction of their processing, unless such disclosure proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. The Controller will provide the data subject with information about these recipients if the data subject so requests.
e. The right to data portability
In accordance with Article 20 of the Regulation, Users have the right to receive their personal data from VIS VAN A in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. Users have the right to transmit these data to another controller without VIS VAN A preventing this, in the cases provided for in the Regulation.
If the User exercises the right to data portability under the previous paragraph, he/she has the right to have personal data transferred directly from one controller to another, insofar as this is technically possible.
The exercise of the right to data portability is without prejudice to the right to the erasure of data. This right does not apply to processing necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the general interest or in the exercise of public authority vested in the Controller.
The right to data portability does not affect the rights and freedoms of third parties.
f. The right to object and automated individual decision-making
Users have the right at any time to object to the processing of their personal data due to their particular situation, including to the automation of data by VIS VAN A. In accordance with Article 21 of the Regulation, VIS VAN A will no longer process personal data unless there are legitimate and compelling reasons for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the User, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal rights.
With regard to the processing of personal data for prospecting purposes, Users have the right at any time to object to the processing of personal data concerning them for such purposes, including profiling insofar as it relates to such prospecting.
If the data subject objects to processing with a view to prospecting, the personal data will no longer be processed for that purpose.
g. The right to complain
Users have the right to submit a complaint regarding the processing of their personal data by VIS VAN A to the Data Protection Authority competent for Belgian territory. More information can be found on the website: https://www.gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit.be/.
Complaints can be submitted to the following addresses:
Data Protection Authority
Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels
Tel. + 32 2 274 48 00
Fax. + 32 2 274 48 35
Users may also file a cessation order with the president of the court of first instance in the area where they are domiciled.
a. General principles
A ‘cookie’ is a file temporarily or permanently placed on the User’s device during a visit to the Site with a view to the next time the User connects to the site. Cookies enable the server to recognise the User’s device.
Cookies may also be installed by third parties with which VIS VAN A collaborates.
Some of the cookies used by VIS VAN A are necessary for the proper functioning of the Site, while others are necessary to improve the User’s experience.
Users may adjust or disable cookies.
In using the Website, Users expressly agree to the management of cookies as described in this article.
b. Types of cookies and intended purposes
VIS VAN A uses different types of cookies on the Site:
- Technical cookies: these are necessary for the operation of the Site, make possible the communication of the entered data and are intended to facilitate the User’s navigation;
- Analytical and audience cookies: these cookies allow the User to be recognised and are used to count the number of Users of the Website over a certain period of time. As they also indicate browsing behaviour, they are an effective way to improve the User’s browsing experience by displaying proposals and offers that may be of interest to the User. They also allow VIS VAN A to identify and correct any bugs on the Site;
- Functional cookies: these cookies facilitate the use of the Site by remembering certain choices entered (for example, the user name or language);
- Tracking cookies: VIS VAN A uses tracking cookies via Google Analytics to measure user interaction with the content of the Site and to produce anonymous statistics. These statistics allow VIS VAN A to improve the Site. Google explains the use of these cookies at the following address: http://www.google.nl/intl/en_uk/policies/privacy/.
c. Retention period for cookies
Cookies are stored for the time necessary to achieve the intended purpose. The cookies that may be stored on the User’s hard drive and the storage period are as follows:
d. Cookie management
If the User disables certain cookies, he/she accepts that the Site may not function optimally. Some parts of the Site may not be usable or may only be partially usable.
If the User wishes to manage and/or delete certain cookies in this way, he/she can do so via the following links:
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
- Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10/edge-privacy-faq
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=fr
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/activer-desactiver-cookies-preferences
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411?locale=fr_CA
If the User refuses to allow the use of Google Analytics cookies, he/she is invited to configure his/her browser accordingly on the following website: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
10. Limitation of the Controller’s liability
The website may contain links to third-party websites that are not connected with VIS VAN A. VIS VAN A is not responsible for the content of these sites or for their compliance with the Regulation and the Act.
The person with parental authority must give his/her express consent for minors under the age of 16 to disclose personal information or data through the Site. VIS VAN A strongly recommends that persons with parental authority over minors promote responsible and safe use of the Internet. The Controller accepts no liability for the collection and processing of personal information and data from minors under the age of 16 whose consent is not effectively covered by that of their parents or legal guardians, or for inaccurate data – in particular as regards age – provided by minors. Under no circumstances will personal data be processed by the Controller if the User indicates that he/she is under 16 years of age.
VIS VAN A is not responsible for any loss, damage or theft of personal data, in particular resulting from the presence of viruses or following hacking.
11. Safety and security
The Controller will use technical and organisational measures to ensure an appropriate level of security for the processing and collection of data. These security measures depend on the implementation costs relating to the nature, context and purposes of the processing of personal data.
The Controller uses encryption technologies which are standard within the IT sector when transferring or collecting data on the Site.
13. Applicable law and competent court